Monday, January 4, 2016

HELLO FROM THE OTHER SIIIDE (of the world)

Ekse!!

Okay first and foremost I promise I'm not an apostate missionary, we hear that Adele song literally everyday. hahha

WARNING: This email contains very African things -- including, but not limited to, lions, ostriches, tribal shirts, cool guys in sunglasses, and more.

READ AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION

HAPPY 2016!!! Our New Years was CRAZY!!!! WE WENT TO  BED AT 11:30!!!!!!! An hour later than usual!!! hahahha #missionlife

Recently we have seen the works of the adversary in trying to stop the valiant from being baptised into Christ's restored church; Nhlakanipho, we call him "Stretch" because he is really tall and skinny and it's also a lot easier to say than Nhlakanipho). So Stretch was planning to be baptised two weeks ago, but two days before his baptism his mom was admitted to the hospital for an asthma attack and was in the hospital all weekend; this week, as we stop by visit investigators being baptised every day the week of their baptism, we found that Stretch and his brother were mugged while walking home one night.. And it wasn't just like a guy pulling a gun on them and asking for their wallets, they were attacked by 9 guys who beat them with steel poles.. and Stretch got the worst of it.. FORTUNATELY they didn't beat out Stretch's sense of humour; when we saw him he said "How do I look?" and we didn't even say anything because we were shocked. He then said "That bad huh? Well you don't have to worry, you should see the other guys." hahahah! I am so happy to report that Stretch has not lost his firm desire to follow Jesus Christ and is planning on being baptised on Sunday! He is also making a GREAT recovery! I would ask that you would include him in your prayers this week.

I also want to give a quick shoutout to Ujeqe. It's literally my favourite food in the world and every member knows it -- so we eat a lot of ujeqe. ❤❤❤

We also watched a really cool video called "the wall" -- I would recommend that each of you look it up; it's only 5 minutes and it's incredible! To summarise the message (which does it no justice), God does His best work in seemingly hopeless situations. What a beautiful message! I can testify that when things "can't get any worse" it means that things have to get better!

I am also VERY excited to report that a white member moved into our branch so I'm not the only person who doesn't speak fluent Zulu in our branch :)))

I handed out some of the CTR rings to that came in my Christmas package!! 



The best thing I have to report is that today we went on a safari for our Zone Activity! WOW I wish I could send all the pictures I took but that would literally take 10 years.. So I hope that a few will suffice. But that took up most of our day today so I only wrote like... 6 people... So... yeah. I'm sorry guys. 

 Okay I might look happy in this photograph but inside I was literally screaming because I was playing with a 6 month old lion and that scares me. Also, I think it was trying to eat me.



yes this is an ostrich (aka actually the most terrifying animal in the entire world) 




But to wrap up the email I want to include John 16:33  33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. -- I actually have nothing to add to that because the scripture does a pretty dang good job of conveying it's message! 

Cheers!!

--

Elder Weiler

P.S. I realised that I haven't sent a picture of Elder Sixaba and I yet! I still don't have one, but here is one of two super cool guys wearing super cool sunglasses and doing super cool things so.. I hope that works....

No comments:

Post a Comment