Monday, July 10, 2017

Blessed Beyond Belief!




                                        Exchange with Elder Mnisi from South Africa!

Wow, time is FLYING over here. I can't believe how fast this transfer with Elder Jones is going.  It's been an INCREDIBLE transfer and I'm learning so much about myself and about the Lord and His work. I've said it a million times, and I'm going to say it again, but I never cease to be amazed at the growth and the knowledge that I've accumulated throughout my mission. There's so much more to life than what we see right now, physically. There's so much that can't be know until we look heavenward and seek inspiration.

I wish I could summarize all the blessings and miracles that we've seen but I can only write but an hundredth part of them! These past few weeks have been spectacular!! 

George Q Cannon once said "above all it is most important that a man know himself". I've been fascinated by that quote since the day I read it. On mission I have sought to come to really know myself. Recently I've been privileged to learn about myself. I've been able to establish patterns of what makes me feel good and what makes me feel chaos, what makes me upset, how I can feel better, etc. It's been really uplifting and a blessing to our companionship! 

OH BOY THE WORK HERE IS MILK AND HONEY. Elder Jones and I have been struggling the past week or two because it seems like our investigators keep dropping off the face of the Earth. We struggled a lot with discouragement and disappointment. The other night, we sat down and laid out our plans, we plead for guidance, and searched for things we can do to improve. Mosiah 2:24 says "he (the Lord) doth require that ye should do as he hath commanded you; for which if ye do, he doth immediately bless you" I KNOW THAT'S TRUE because the next day we found so many new investigators and so many powerful people who are prepared for the gospel! This whole weekend has been the same! We ended up finding 12 new investigators in a few days! We had two families and three other individuals come to church yesterday! I wish I had time to write about every person we're teaching because they're all so incredible! 

Yesterday we walked somewhere between 3-4 miles to church with some investigators who can't afford public transport and we had a great time! We sang hymns and greeted EVERYONE along the way! It was awesome! 

All in all, I'm doing so great. The Lord is so good. I'm so grateful to be on mission and to have these sacred experiences, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else! 

Church is true!!

--
Elder Weiler
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

South Africa Durban Mission
                                                               Downtown Durban
                   The district, eating schwarmas (Durban is the Celestial kingdom for Indian food!!)
The mission is getting a new range of bakkies (trucks) called Ford Rangers are they're soooo nice.
 This is Mayville, a township outside of Durban that we do a lot of work it. We call it "Mayville of Dreams"
                 Elder Jones and I found sushi and it was the best day ever. It's been two years...

No comments:

Post a Comment