Monday, February 22, 2016

Sketchy Emails Shop IV

Okay wow another week down and out and I have found myself in yet another sketchy email shop. But this one is different... It smells like fish and there is a cat wandering around (I think those two are related) But. I only have 8 minutes to write the GREATEST weekly email to date! So here we go!!!!

Okay this was actually a really average week with almost nothing eventful (almost)

Well Elder Sixaba finished his mission on Wednesday!! He is back home in the Eastern Cape! It wasn't until he left that I realised how much I loved being his companion! :,) Whatta guy...

On Tuesday we had our Zone Activity! We had a proper game of soccer (Newcastle won) and we had the best braai of my life. Holy Meat. I have never been so full in my entire life. hahahaha

On Monday we had our Zone Conference, and right after we went to FHE at the Hind's, President Zackrison came too! It was hilarious to see him competing with us at "Mormon Family Fued"! I never knew our mission president was so competitive!

Okay the most exciting thing happened!!!! Last week we had 92 people at church!!! Our little chapel was PACKED!! I think there was maybe 10 chairs not taken! It was one of the highlights of my mission -- we have been trying so hard to get 100 people at church! That's the closest we have ever gotten!!!

This week I have been listening to a series of talks from Truman G. Madsen, and if you have never listened to him... I don't know if I would recommend it. hahahah he is a philosopher; so his talks are pretty deep, you REALLY have to focus to understand. But I managed to learn one thing! He quoted another philosopher that rationalised: 

 If you live your whole life, assuming that God and religion is a foolish waste of time, and you die and learn that there is a God and that there is another life hereafter - you have lost everything.

If you live your whole life believing there is a God and trying your best to discipline yourself and yo die and realise there is no God and there is no life hereafter -- you have lost nothing. You lived an honourable life. 

And I really loved that thought! It led me to think that EVEN if there is no life after this mortal one (which is out of the question) I am totally satisfied and happy with the life that we are instructed to live by the leadership of our church! I have no regrets! 

I am so grateful for the knowledge that we have been blessed with. I am so grateful that, through modern day prophets, we have received knowledge of the eternities! That we have a clear and simple understanding of what we need to do to attain Celestial glory, exaltation, and eternal life with our Father in Heaven! 

I would encourage each of you to take time to ponder today the importance of modern day Prophets -- ponder the knowledge that we have that empowers us and endows us with the power we need to conquer each and everyday! 

 "I know in whom I have put my trust"! And I have never been let down by the Lord!

I love you all! thank you for all of your support and love! 

Peace N' Blessings,

--
Elder Weiler


Ps I have a lot of pictures to send, but I don't trust these shops... Pictures-- coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment