Monday, August 15, 2016

Garage church pics + FUFU

Okay hey guys this is Elder Weiler we're not in a sketchy email shop today we're at the chapel in Bloemfontein and we've totally abused free internet becuase we just watched mormon messages for like an hour and a half so I'm really tired and everybody wants to leave but I HAVE TO UPDATE THE BLOG hahahha so this will probably be the best email ever in the shortest email ever. 

Okay so a winner quote from sacrament meeting yesterday was "Love is making time for someone else in your life" -- I was pondering about that in relation to showing our love for God; and the principle is identical! We show our Heavenly Father by consecrating time to do the things he has asked us! Serving a mission, attending church and attending the temple, doing family history work, serving others, and fulfilling our callings are all excellent ways to consecrate our time and talents to our Heavenly Father and show Him that we love Him! Will you make a conscious effort to show your love for your Father in Heaven this week? (Good missionaries always leave commitments).
Now, for the crowning event of this email. The topic says it all. This week contained one of the funniest stories of my whole mission!! On Tuesday we went to contact a guy that we met while we were filling up with petrol and when we got to his house he was like "Oh yeah so I told my pastor that you guys were coming to visit and he wants you to come visit the church, he's having a session right now!" and we were like Uh-oh... But we just went with it.. hahha so when he said "church" I was expecting a chapel, but we started walking down the street and he led us into one of his neighbor's garage that was decorated with a cross on the far wall and filled with decorated, plastic chairs. He was at the front of the garage standing at a pulpit talking about "dangerous sons" (I have no idea), so we just sat down and listened to the rest of the sermon. 

At the end of the sermon he was like "We are so grateful to have our brothers from the Latter-Day Saints with us, one of them will now come and introduce themselves to us." and Elder Mcopela and I just looked at each other and Elder Mcopela said "Go ahead, it's a once in a life time opportunity". So I got up and made my way to the front of this guy's garage and took my place at the pulpit and introduced ourselves to all 6 people in the congregation hahahaha I established our purpose and then bore my testimony of Jesus Christ while this guy was just jamming out on his keyboard in the back (that was his job), after I finished everybody clapped.. that was weird... I've never had anybody applaud my testimony before... ahahah after I sat down we all sang a gospel song that I didn't know the lyrics and it was awkward hahaha! After closing with a prayer, the archbishop came and invited us to have a meal with all of them, but unfortunately we had to run to another appointment (I was really hungry and really interested in what they were serving... But the world may never know... It could have been bucket juice :) ) 

Well that's it for this week! Everything is great here in Blomanda! This is the last week of the transfer, I can't believe how fast transfers are flying by!!! I think I'll stay here though! Which is exciting because the Lord has blessed us with so many great people to teach recently!! 

Love you all! 

Peace N Blessings,

--

Pastor Weiler

P.S. My companion hit his one year mark last week.  I got up early and surprised him with some delicious homemade savory bread!




Also, a Ghanaian member, Brother Kwame, made us traditional Ghanaian food!! This is called Fufu! 
I love Ghanaian food too much.





No comments:

Post a Comment