Monday, April 11, 2016

Bucket Juice Pt. 2

Beloved Friends and Family,

This has probably been the best week of my mission to date! This week came and went in no time! I cannot believe that the transfer ends this week, my time in Umlazi is FLYING by! I think Elder Vaughn and I will stay together for another transfer -- however, most of the other Elders disagree. So we'll see! 

So I'm back to emailing at email shops again.. hahah so time is very limited! So this is my week in a few minutes:

On Wednesday we had our interviews with President Zackrison -- I love interviews so much. I admire President Zackrison so much. I was a little bummed when he informed me that this would be our last interview because he finished his mission in July. But interviews with President always guarantee renewed excitement for the work, great advice, and a brighter vision of what I can accomplish during my mission! So that was definitely a highlight of the week! President Zackrison encouraged me to use our goal setting as a means of driving our work, rather than setting goals that simply reflect our work -- so we tried it, and it works! Elder Vaughn and I worked like crazy this week! hahaha it's amazing to see how the Lord sustains us when we continue to desire to do what He asks, even when we feel exhausted! 

On Saturday we got to attend the groundbreaking ceremony for the Durban Temple! It was an incredible experience! We volunteered as the staff for the program -- Elder Vaughn and I got to park cars! It was really nice because they reserved the third row for us, so we got really great seats to watch the groundbreaking! Elder Carl B. Cook from the Seventy attended; I love that guy. He's a very powerful man, so it was really great to hear his remarks. Afterward I took advantage of our opportunity and I got to spend some time with him face to face. We had a powerful conversation about selfless service and I received advice from him that I will cherish for the rest of my life! I think the coolest part about meeting with him was looking into his eyes -- they were welcoming and loving, I felt as if I was looking into the eyes of the Saviour. I am so grateful for the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ! 

Sunday was baptism day!! I was telling the other Elders that "baptism day is always my favourite day", and this week was nothing less than incredible! Ntobile (one of the best people I have ever taught on mission) asked me to baptise her! So that was awesome! I will never cease to be amazed at the change that can take place within individuals in the space of a few weeks! People that have never heard the gospel quickly take on a new countenance, new behaviour, and gain their own testimony of the truthfulness of this gospel! This surely is the gospel of Jesus Christ! What power other than the Spirit of God could trigger such a dramatic change of character? I know that when we open our hearts to the Spirit and humble ourselves to divine intervention, that the Lord will show us exactly what we need to do to grow closer to our Saviour. I know that He lives, and I know that He loves us. His Atonement is perfect, and each and every single one of us stores within our own DNA strands of godliness -- each one of us bears that capability to become like our Father in heaven. He has given us all we need to live with Him again! We only have to choose to follow Him! 

I love you all! I love this work! and I love South Africa! I know that God loves all of His children, and I'm so grateful that we get to serve them here! 

Keep on Keeping On!

--
Elder London Weiler


PS Pictures to come soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment