Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Tina, the Psycho Therapist

THE BEST WAFFLE I'VE EVER EATEN IN MY LIFE

Hello All! Elder DePriest and I are working to cut down our email time and focus more on the work and other p-day errands, so time is permanently short!!

This week was really great! I learned a lot about myself! (especially today..) I learned a lot about pride. Elder Carl B. Cook of the Seventy once taught that when we feel frustrated or offended we should ask ourselves "is it pride?". This week I experimented with that, and I had a rude awakening that I'm not right nearly as often as I'd like to think I am hahaha. It's been a good lesson for me to learn, and I pray that I can grow to be more and more humble with time.

Yesterday Sacrament was powerful! The first talk was about the Atonement of Jesus Christ, it was humble and simple, and the Holy Spirit testified. The second talk was about Mothers in the perspective of the Plan of Salvation and from the scriptures and it was also powerful! I was thinking to myself that this is how sacrament meeting is supposed to be!! Simple and focused on the Atonement of Christ! 

After church we went to follow up on a family we'd met earlier last week, but they turned us down. Elder DePriest and I prayed for direction then and there, and we felt that we need to tract the rest of the street. It was pouring rain, the wind was whipping our coats, and we were COLD. But we really felt that that was what the Lord wanted us to do. We'd tracted the area before with no success, but as we went from door to door in the rain, we found several people who were open to learn more and invited us back!! It was a powerful display of the Lord's hand in HIS work. He's in charge, and when we submit ourselves to do things His way, He opens the windows of Heaven and consecrates our efforts to the salvation of others!! 

Afterward, we went to chat with the fam bam :)) How great! It was so nice to see everybody doing well! 

There's a member in our ward who had us over for lunch a few weeks ago, and as we ate she told us about her profession, she's a psycho therapist. As she told us about what she did we were all pretty interested and she invited us to come visit her office and she would teach us more, so we went this morning! We went and got our blood types (I'm an O+, Who woulda thunk?) and then we went to her office. It was really cool! She taught us a lot about anatomy and different functions of the body and what she does to help people! After that, she taught us about our blood types and all the do's and dont's for our types. It was super interesting! 

Everything is going great here in Berea! The Lord is certainly blessing us, and we've got a lot of exciting plans for this upcoming week!! And Elder Rasband is coming!! Wahoo!!

Have a great week!


--
Elder Weiler




No comments:

Post a Comment