Monday, March 28, 2016

How much just a little can do + Taking an Afrikaaners advice

Okay everybody first I want to say sorry about last week hahahah rioting is so inconvenient hahahaha but we got home safely.

These past two weeks have been great! Last week Elder Vaughn and Elder Adams had the flu so Elder Diehl and I had to take on all of Umlazi by ourselves! So the work was hindered a lot last week, however, the Lord always magnifies all that we give to Him with total sincerity -- so we saw the fruits of all the labour that we did do! Hence last week's email subject.

Today we're emailing in Toti because it's a public holiday and our email place is closed... But a member came and gave us fire for emailing too much hahah he said that we're wasting our P-Day because we just email... Afrikaaners are very straightforward and blunt. He's a returned missionary and his advice was as follows: "Don't waste your whole day emailing. Just tell your mom that everything is good, tell her what happened, and then tell her you love her. You don't need waste so much time with details"hahaha so I'm following his advice today so that we can braai! 

Everything is good here in Umlazi! 

This week after DDM we all went to McDonalds and bought shareboxes -- I'm not sure if they do this in the States but a share box is R145 (which is like $15) and it has 2 Big Macs, 2 cheeseburgers, 4 drinks, 4 fries, and 10 McNuggets -- so we, as 19 year old boys would, decided we wanted to try and individually eat share boxes by ourselves. It was a terrible, terrible idea. Long story short -- I was the only one who finished. And it was NOT WORTH IT. I was so sick. I hate McDonalds so much. hahahaha

This week we also got really bored after planning one night and nobody was tired so we decided to make music videos to EFY music. They're the dumbest videos ever, but we had so much fun making them hahahha I'll try to find a way to send them!! 

This week was a great week for missionary work! We met a lot of new people, but the highlight was meeting Ntobile -- a member told us that her family used to investigate, so we stopped by to try to rekindle the flame. Her family wasn't interested, but she was willing to listen to us; so we began teaching her and wow it's the best. Teaching the gospel is incredible no matter what -- but when the investigator understands and wants it it's like.... the best feeling ever! We're scheduled to see her 4 times this week!! We were teaching her last night and she was saying that she felt so happy whenever we visited her and whenever she read and we asked her what she thought that meant and she said "It's the spirit of God! Obvious!" hahha so not only does she understand and want the gospel, but she recognises the spirit!!! She's our Golden Investigator right now (not to detract from the other incredible investigators we have right now). So we agreed together to work towards her being baptised in 2 weeks! So I hope to have more to report next week!

My time so far in Umlazi is flying by!! I've loved it so much so far! It's also been a really fun zone to serve in. Elder Benissan (my baba (trainer)) and Elder Rakotomalala (my MTC companion) are serving in Amanzimtoti so I get to see them every week! Elder Thorsen (my MTC roommate) is also serving right near us as well! So I'm surrounded by people that I love too! 

Well. I hope that this email does disappoint Vickus, the Afrikaaner member, hahaha but I think that's a good summary of the week! The work of the Lord is surely moving forward here, and I am so grateful that I have the opportunity to be a tool in His hands to accomplish His will! I was reminded this week that the Spirit is the ultimate teacher, not me! To be effective teachers, all we have to do is teach, speak, and act in a way that our investigators/students/family can feel the Spirit; once the spirit is present, discussion will arise, questions will be answered, and lessons will be learned! 

I testify that Jesus Christ lives! He died for us on the cross and after three dies, He rose from his tomb and conquered death. I know that because Jesus Christ lived again, we will also live again. Through Jesus Christ we can find new life #Hallelujah 

Love you all! Thank you for the support! Happy Easter! 

--

Elder Weiler

No comments:

Post a Comment