Monday, May 9, 2016

The Chronicles of Elder Weiler and Elder Fransen

(First off, yesterday was AMAZING!  London looks and sounds great and is loving every minute of his mission!  It sure did my heart good to see him so happy, and to see my three sons together again!)





Sanibonani Family and Friends!




This week was an excellent week.. for meetings. hahaha! This week we had Zone Conference, Stake Conference, and I got to call my favourite people in the world :,)

Elder Fransen and I, albiet all the meetings, had a great week of missionary work as well! Although we didn't accomplish what we had hoped for, I'm really proud of what we did do! I know that the Lord really does consecrate all that we give to Him!

Our Zone conference was incredible!!! We talked about receiving revelation; I feel that that's probably the most important topic that we can discuss as missionaries -- this is His work, and we have to do it His way, so we have to learn to get His advice! I think the greatest thing about mission is that the lessons that we learn in the field do not expire when we remove our missionary name tag -- but we are developing and practicing habits that will lead us back to our Heavenly home! As missionaries we discussed a few different strategies of receiving revelation, specifically receiving revelation through Prayer and through the Book of Mormon:

I think one of my favourite take aways in terms of prayer was President Zackrison's advice to pray for one thing only -- I think we are often guilty of giving grocery list prayers, in which we pray for so many things that after we close we don't even remember what we asked for; how are we supposed to watch for the Lord's blessing when we don't remember what we asked Him to bless us with?! President Zackrison advised that we spend greater amounts of time pondering what we REALLY need, and what we really need to pray for! So that's been my approach for the past few days and I do feel like there's a difference! I feel like my prayers are more focused and more sincere, and afterward, I have a greater idea (through revelation) what I need to do to receive the blessing that I asked for! 

In terms of receiving revelation through the Book of Mormon I really liked what one missionary said: "If we want to talk with God, we pray. If we want God to talk with us, we read the Book of Mormon" (that might be a quote from a general authority and I might be totally robbing them of the credit they deserve but I pray that the message still comes the same). But I loved that! It really increased my determination to use my personal study time as a follow up to my personal prayers! 

I am so grateful for the opportunity that each and every one of us have to continually get better and better! The Lord never gives up on us! The concept of eternal progression has become one of the most miraculous doctrines to me! I know that through sincere desire to be better than we are now, and real intent, we will be strengthened through the Atonement of Christ to to become the person that we want to become and the person that God needs us to be! 

I think that's all for this week! I just want to give a shoutout to those of you who have been reading this for the past 8 months! This one is for you guys.

               "Where in the world is Elder Weiler?": Amanzimtoti (Zulu for "sweet water")   

Love from Umlazi,

--
Elder Weiler

            

No comments:

Post a Comment