Monday, July 11, 2016

Wasn't I just here???

Okay so pretty much this was the fastest week and entire transfer of my whole mission!! I lost my planner last week so I literally can't remember what we did this week. hahaha!
We had transfers this weekend! Elder Mcopela and I are staying together for another transfer! He is only my second companion that I have been with for more than a transfer! (Elder Benissan, my trainer, was the other), so it's going to be weird to be with him for 3 months! However, I'm SUPER excited because he turns one year next month and I'm totally going to bake a cake or muffins or something and surprise him!!!
I think I can just say that this was the best week ever because mission NEVER STOPS GETTING BETTER!!! This week my love for the Book of Mormon has grown A LOT! Elder Mcopela and I strive to teach from the Book of Mormon as much as possible; and as we do, I fall more and more in love with it! My faith and testimony of the Saviour has grown so much! Truly, it is another testament of Jesus Christ! He lives! His Atonement is real! I know that as we strive to have intimate interactions with Him and His Atonement each day that we will come to have a conviction of His divinity and His infinite and eternal sacrifice on our behalf! Elder Roberts (the senior couple here in Bloemfontein) (I literally feel at home with them) showed me a sweet scripture yesterday --
Doctrine and Covenants 45:2-5: It speaks about Jesus Christ being our advocate to this Father; in verses 4/5 we read His testimonial on our behalf at the judgement bar! Through His words for us, He never once mentions us, and that's because we have never/will never do anything that is as worthy or as mighty as was the Atonement that He performed! We cannot save or exalt ourselves! It is only through Faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, Sincere Repentence, Proper Baptism, Receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the End (keeping covenants, continually repenting, partaking of the sacrament, sharing the gospel, and living obediently) that we will live with God again! That is the BEAUTY AND SIMPLICITY of this gospel! All we have to do is follow the path that has been laid at our feet!
I would recommend all of you to read D&C 45:2-5 and insert your own name in verse 5 and ponder your commitment to follow Christ.
And again I say, hearken unto my voice, lest death shall overtake you; in an hour when ye think not the summer shall be past, and the harvest ended, and your souls not saved.
 Listen to him who is the advocate with the Father, who is pleading your cause before him—
 Saying: Father, behold the sufferings and death of him who did no sin, in whom thou wast well pleased; behold the blood of thy Son which was shed, the blood of him whom thou gavest that thyself might be glorified;
 Wherefore, Father, spare these my brethren that believe on my name, that they may come unto me and have everlasting life.
Okay well I only have 10 minutes left, I'm sorry that I don't have more details as to who we saw and what we did, but I can tell you that we are certainly engaged in the Lord's work! I can tell you that the Book of Mormon softens and opens hearts, and I can tell you that the Church is true!!! There is literally no other option. I CANNOT DENY IT. The experiences and the testimonies that I have been blessed with are too great to deny. I know that one day we will all stand before God to be judged, and I know that we have been given all that we need to prepare for that day!
I love you all! I love the scriptures and the knowledge and peace that they bring! I love this work! I know that we are all enlisted in it!! I love this gospel!! I love our Saviour!!
Peace Be Unto You All! I hope that you all have the most wonderful week of your wonderful lives!!

--
Elder Weiler (Moroni 8:3)

PS We had a braai to celebrate the 4th of July and it was delicious and I am proud to be an American (everybody around me is tired of hearing that)

No comments:

Post a Comment