Monday, November 28, 2016

Elders Way La and Young Kiss

This week's email is brought to you by: Butchered names! ahhaha (that's usually how people pronounce them)

Happy Thanksgiving All!! I hope you all enjoyed your turkey :)))

This week was great (as is every other week because MISSION IS THE BEST)! I don't even know what to say anymore... Mission is just life! I'm definitely still loving it! One thing that never ceases to surprise me though is the refining and the growth that I see in myself day by day! These past couple weeks I feel like my weaknesses have become very apparent (probably because Elder Jantjies is perfect) 


but I can't help but feel that this is an opportunity from the Lord to improve! (Hebrews 12:6, Revelation 3:19, DC 105:6). This Thanksgiving my heart is full of gratitude for the Atonement of Jesus Christ and His restored gospel! If it wasn't for Him, I don't know where I'd be!

A few highlights from this week include, but are not limited to:

Thanksgiving Dinner with Elder and Sister Chandler! It was incredible. I haven't had turkey in AGES!



We met a new investigator this week named Memamphoma. We had a really nice lesson with her and at the end we invited her to come to church, she gladly accepted and then also extended an invitation for us to come to her church! Fortunately the services were at different times so it all worked out! So we went to the Resurrection Tabernacle Centre on Sunday at 3 PM and it was a pretty interesting experience! However, walking away, Elder Jantjies and I felt disappointed that there was no call to action or real message communicated, it was just all about how God will keep us young (which riot for all the old ladies there). 

I'm grateful that the Lord challenges us! I'm grateful to have living prophets and apostles who call us to repentance and help us see where we are falling short! In Hebrew, to endure means to "make everlasting or omnipotent", as we go throughout this life we are called to endure to the end; this doesn't mean that we just white knuckle it or we simply don't mess up; to endure to the end means that we are to constantly improve, grow, and stretch ourselves! Exaltation isn't an event, it's a process! While we're here during our mortal probation we are to prepare to meet God -- we are to prepare to become like God! And through the thick and the thin of life we have a Saviour who is prepared to support, strengthen, and forgive us! So no matter who you are, no matter where you are in life, I encourage you to prayerfully consider how you, personally, can improve! Whether it be spiritual, occupation, or education seek to magnify what you're already doing; "what e'er thou art, act well thy part". We all have gifts, discover them, develop them, and share them!

--

Elder Weiler

No comments:

Post a Comment