Tuesday, January 24, 2017

I'm not good at keeping time...

(It totally made my day to receive a random text/love message this week from a member who is visiting her parents, who are serving in the same area as London.  Nothing like opening a text to see a sweet message, along with our son's handsome, smiling face--and that Elder Jantjies--isn't he the cutest!)

Well this week will be another quick one!!! Everybody's just writing really good emails and it's hard to stop reading!! 

Elder Jantjies and I had a great week this week! Statistically speaking, it was the best week we've had yet! Obviously it's not about numbers, but it's cool to ponder what the numbers represent - sons and daughters of God, our brothers and sisters, coming unto Christ, embracing His Atonement, learning of His restored gospel and church, and learning to seek personal revelation to guide their lives. We've got bigger and better plans for this coming week too! I love this work so much. I'm so grateful to be a missionary. 

I'm also grateful for the opportunities we have to grow! I say this all the time, but I mean it every time! I have grown SO much on mission. I realise, often, that I'm a chump and that I need to repent and get my act together. hahaha. I'm so thankful for our patient, charitable Father in Heaven and I couldn't be more grateful for my Saviour! I think I'm just starting to understand grace. I feel it pushing me along the path to exaltation! I feel it lift me when I feel discouraged. It brings peace to my mind when I consider my weaknesses. Boy, mission is humbling. 

FUN FACT! Today is Elder Jantjies' birthday!! Even though it'll be a week late, you can give him a birthday email! I think it'd blow his mind, send pictures too, he loves white people hahaha.
His email is piwo.jantjies@myldsmail.net !  (I'm going to do this for sure!  I hope you will too!)

A not-so-fun fact: On Saturday Elder Jantjies and I found ourselves with a few minutes before an appointment, so we decided to follow the Spirit and do some finding. After praying and coming upon a place that we felt the Lord wanted us to be, we approached the first door. About two minutes into our dialogue we heard a terrible crash and turned around only to see our bakkie (truck) roll forward and a car pass. We ran back to the road and saw that somebody hit our parked car! Fortunately they stopped and we got everything sorted out. Turns out this Sister didn't have a license... But everybody is safe, and that's all that really matters! 

                                        (Their bakkie.  Thank goodness, not much damage)

                                                    (Her car did not fare so well)
         (Reenactment for your viewing pleasure.  It's never a dull moment with London around!)

Well I think that's all the time I have for this week! I'm so grateful for the gift of life! I'm so grateful for the Plan of Happiness! I know this is Christ's gospel, this is the way back to our Heavenly Father, it's the only way and it's available to all! 

I love you all!

--

Elder Weiler

(We had an amazing experience this week, with a visit from Brother Jorgenson and his family.  He just returned from Lesotho, where he is over the translation of The Book of Mormon in the Sesotho language.  He brought wonderful pictures and kind words about London and the great work that is happening in Lesotho.  Elder Weiler is SO excited about this and shared this with us) . . . .

Also, exciting news, the Maseru chapel was open all week for the translation of the Book of Mormon into Sesotho!! It will take awhile, but it's exciting that they've started! It will be a HUGE blessing to the Saints and the missionaries serving in Lesotho.


I'm so glad you got to meet Brother Jorgenson! That's so fun!! Members have shared with us a lot of powerful experiences translating and reading the Book of Mormon is Sesotho. I think it's really going to change the church here (in the best way possible)!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment