Monday, February 6, 2017

Darn, it feels good to be a Mormon.


                                                               (London's mini-me)
Dumelang bo-mme le bo-ntate!

This week we got transfer news! 

What are the odds that Elder Jantjies and I stay together?

Probably one in a million...

SO YOU'RE SAYING THERE'S A CHANCE!

It's a dream come true. Elder Jantjies and I are staying together for 4.5 months and I'll be in Lesotho for 6 months!!! I'm so pumped!! These past three months have been a ball, and I've grown more than I can explain. The work has hastened like I've never seen on my mission, and we get to do it for 6 more weeks!! 

I'm ecstatic to stay as well because we're planning on having 11/12 baptisms in Maseru branch on the 19th. I'M SO PUMPED. The Lord has blessed us ABUNDANTLY. It's unreal. I cannot express my love and appreciation for the miracles we've seen thus far. I know that He'll continue to bless us as we give everything we have to His work! 

I LOVE this restored gospel. It's brought me the greatest joy I've experienced in my life!! I know that this is the Lord's way. Eish, I can't even express my love and gratitude through this keyboard. I love the Lord. I know He lives. I cannot deny that. I know He still speaks to us today through the Holy Spirit. I know He hears our prayers!! 

In line with the subject of this email, I was pondering 4 Nephi 1:14-17 (shoutout to Elder Adams from Germany. Also, we lived together in Umlazi, now he's moving next door to Elder Jantjies and I! Wahooo!) I adore the line "surely there could not be a happier people among all the people who had been created by the hand of God". I want that! I pondered what it was that brought such unity and joy amongst the children of Christ. It says it was the love of God that was in their hearts! Likewise, all came forth, repented of their sins and were baptised! I realise that this gospel is what will bring peace to the individual who feels hopeless, a family that is falling apart, and a world that grows ever more confused and conflicted with each passing day. This gospel is the only hope we have for real, lasting peace and happiness in this life!! 

Agh, words can't express what I feel. I know this gospel is true. I know that Christ lives, and His Atonement is real! 

Well the Book of Mormon is true. I hope you all know that. If you don't I challenge you to find out! If you will read the Book of Mormon, meditate on the message it contains, and ask God, with faith in Christ, if the book is true - He will manifest the truth of it to you through the power of the Holy Ghost! 

I love this work. It is divine in all aspects (even weekly planning). It is exalting. It is humbling. 

I love you all. I love the Saviour. I know He loves you. 

--

Elder Weiler

No comments:

Post a Comment