Monday, February 27, 2017

Best P-Day Ever!

Dumelang!!

This week was great, we had the best p-day ever today. I don't have a lot of time, these email shops are killing me. I'll do my best to make due though!

As a district we decided that we wanted to go hiking today, so we glanced over Maseru and picked a mountain (it's just like that. Maseru is build in the mountains, you just point at one you like. Almost like choosing a puppy. hahha) So we picked a mountain that was long and flat at the top because we wanted to play soccer when we'd finished hiking. We got to the base of the mountain and realized that we were in for a REALLY tough hike, but we were determined to do it! The hike was awesome. 


When we were getting to the peak that we'd picked out, we saw a community of shepherds about 1/2 km's away. They were yelling at us, but we couldn't understand what they were saying. (Note: Lesotho shepherds live in the mountains. Like, all the time. Just them, their dogs, and their flocks. Pretty crazy life.) While we were watching them, we saw two of them start running over to us. We were pretty confused, but decided to stick around until we figured out what was going on. ( We made battle plans in case they wanted to attack us. We were going to throw rocks at them).

When we finally saw the shepherds again they said (in Sesotho) "Come, we want a photo!" We all started laughing and decided to follow them! (good idea?). One of the guys that came to get us is named Thabo, good guy. He told us he was born in there and had always stayed there!


So we finally get back to their camp and meet the rest of the crew. We started to take some pictures and quickly turned into a photoshoot! One guy just picked up his dog and ran into our group photo, another picked up a shovel, another grabbed a rock and it just got to be so hilarious! We're all laughing and having a good time with these random guys we met in the mountains when we remember that we brought a soccer ball! When we pulled it out of the bag they all went nuts!! They were pumped!! So we found a reasonable plot and played a game! Missionaries vs. Shepherds! It was a blast!! Definitely the BEST p-day of my whole mission. It was legendary. I feel like all the detail may have killed the story.... I should have said this:

"Today we went hiking up into the mountains and ran into a community of mountain men, we challenged them to a game of soccer and smoked them. It was a good day."


Take it how you will, it was awesome.

This week we also had zone conference in Bloemfontein! The theme was "Teaching In the Saviour's Way". We talked a lot about repentance. It feels so good to repent. The more I teach others the Gospel Plan, the more incredible it becomes to me. This week I realized the reality of the Fall and the need for the Atonement. If we didn't have a Saviour, it would be OVER. All of it. No salvation, no happiness, no eternal life, nothing! It renewed my love for the Saviour. I need Him. We all need Him! I love our Heavenly Father, who has designed a perfect plan for all of us!

Repentance is infinitely more a blessing than it is a burden. Even though we'd like to think otherwise, we've all got a lot of work to do. Repentance provides that opportunity for us to begin again when we fall short! As I pondered the growth that I've seen in myself, I was filled with gratitude, knowing that I am much better now than I was then; and with a hope that in a year's time, I'll be much better off than I am now!

I challenge all of you never to plateau in your spiritual progression. Never stop improving! I often find myself frustrated with the thought that I'm never good enough, that I can stop now, that I've done enough; but I glory in the Father's plan, which allows us to receive greater joy as we seek to become more like the Saviour. Never stop taking things to the next level! Although it requires much effort, the Lord will give you more than you feel that you are giving away!



Well I don't have anymore time! I love you all! Thank you for the prayers and the support! I know that this is the Lord's work and it is divine!! I know that we're all enlisted in His work! I challenge all of you to reach out to ONE person and share the gospel with somebody. Let the Holy Spirit guide! Pray and ask for the opportunity to share and keep your eyes peeled!! You'll save a soul!

Elder Weiler

No comments:

Post a Comment